Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

As someone who spends a lot of time taking photographs, I'm always looking to take new photographs of my family. In an age where people rarely keep scrapbooks or photo albums, we find that people rarely even take photographs anymore. A good chunk of photos I see anymore...straight from a 3MP cellphone camera. Granted, I don't mind cellphone pictures, especially if the option is cellphone or nothing and there's something cute happening in that moment. I'd rather it be captured SOME WAY than NO WAY at all. That said though, parents should have some means of capturing special moments with some other type of camera, a REAL camera...whether they take the images or whether they have someone else do it for them.

A fair amount of family photos come by way of MY camera. I don't mind this, in fact, nothing makes me happier than to do this for my family. It also gives me constant practice and subjects with whom I can experiment with (poses, lighting, locations etc etc). This year has been no different. On several occasions, I have taken advantage of situations that got my family together. There are young cousins that I only see a few times a year, and I always bring my camera with me because of it. Thanksgiving and Christmas saw an increase in the number of photos I was able to get with all of the kids in the family. The following images are from our Christmas session.

Salisbury:




Fuller-Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *