Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Day in the Swamp

Yesterday's weather prompted me to question whether today's weather would be similar. Upon finding out that we'd be having 2 days of GORGEOUS weather, I started planning an all day outing to one of my favorite local places, Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. If you haven't heard of them, here's their website, check it out: Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary

We decided our outing would get us to the swamp by 7am, opening. This would also coincide with the time just after (official) sunrise. We'd hoped for gorgeous colors and fog over the open fields. We got beautiful color, but no fog :( Oh well, maybe next time. What we DID get though (along with those colors) were tons of chances to get photographs of wildlife, especially birds. They were out like crazy, singing up a storm. It was great! Because I had such a productive day, I thought I'd share some of my better photos from the field trip :)

Plants 



Animals







Afterwards, we decided to travel a bit North and hit some dirt trails we'd been wanting to hit for awhile. They run alongside an FWC wildlife area and we hoped to get some more chances to see some wildlife. What we didn't anticipate was hunting season, thus the animals are skittish and tend to avoid all humans in the area. Guess we'll have to wait until hunting season, give the animals time to get back to normal. I DID manage to get an awesome landscape shot of the area though --- check it out:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *