Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{2012 Senior} Robin

 *Yes, I know! It's a tad late to be doing this, but it's better late than never :)

When I first started taking photos, I was limiting myself to nature (animals, plants, scapes etc). This wasn't because I didn't have a variety of people to practice on (i.e family and friends...and their children), but it's just what I had the passion for at the time. To start my portrait journey, other than children of family and friends, I chose my friend Robin as a subject. She was a HS senior who wasn't planning on having portraits taken. I'm learning that this area isn't necessarily big on the Senior genre, most kids not even giving the idea a thought. With that said, I'm glad that I met Robin during this important year of her life and was able to give her photos that she loves. Here are some images I took of Robin during the course of her senior year.






So 2012 was a big year. I got to practice portrait photography and gained valuable information, inspiration, and passion for my craft and Robin graduated from high school. I'm grateful for the opportunity she gave me to take portraits of her this year, and can't thank her enough. It's inspired me even more to venture into portrait work, though I'll make sure I come back to my roots (nature photography) once in awhile :)

To finish off this post, I'd like to share the last set of portraits I took of Robin for her graduation ceremony.


Congrats to Robin and the graduating class of 2012! I wish you all the happiness and luck with your future goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *